Monday, December 8, 2008

Taking On the Triathlon


Here they are. The 5 remarkable women who have decided NOW is the time to make changes in their life. (only 4 are pictured here because Allyson left before the picture).


They are taking on the challenge to complete a full Sprint triathlon on May 9, 2009.


I am so impressed with each one of them and their determination to do this.


Let me introduce:


Dana, age 42 (today. Happy Birthday!)
Mother of 6
Voice & Piano teacher extrodinaire
Amy, age 37
Mother of 1 little puppy :)
Works for Wells Fargo
Has completed a sprint-tri once before
Jenny, age 34
Mother of 3
5th grade school teacher

Wendy, age 30
Mother of 3
Critical Care Nurse

Allyson, age 36
Mother of 2
Voice teacher and 2nd mother to Jenny's youngest


Just watch.


They're gonna do this.



9 comments:

Dana said...

Sheesh....I seriously can't stop weeping! Excitment, gratitude, fear, anticipation, (maybe a bit of PMS) and mostly LOVE for a sister who beleives in me. Thanks!

Dana said...

believes.....yes I do know how to spell that word. We'll just blame it on the tears.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Hooray for Dixie for leading the way, sharing her wisdom, and inspiring us to kindle our greatness! Sprint-Tri or die!! I should've prepared for picture day! ;(

Greg and Tammy said...

GO TEAM GO!!!! I can't wait to cheer everyone on!!

Lana said...

If I'm not having a baby, still at the hospital or seriously all screwy after birth, I'm going to be there to witness this. I am so JEALOUS and excited for everyone. I can't WAIT!!! Watching them is really fun, as I found out with Porter's and yours and Eric's, but I bet doing one is even better! I'll just settle for watching and cheering for now....

Erock! said...

Good for ALL of you. You can do it. I will be there to either cheer you on, or meet you at the finish line spent from having completed another sprint triathlon. (I believe it will be the latter.)

juliespahr said...

Wow!!! Sooo exciting! I have toyed with the idea of "joining" the group ever since you posted that entry.... Biggest fear..... the swim! The biggest hold up..... thinking of getting pregnant.:) So when we decide for sure... you may be adding one more number to your roll call!!:) In the meantime, congrats to these women for accepting the challenge!

The Hytes said...

I am jealous, but your invitation has led me to start training myself for a local sprint tri in June. I haven't been swimming in years (besides playing around in a pool) but started out with a 200 yard swim and a 15 minute jog/10 minute walk. I didn't even kill myself! I've got a ways to go, but thanks to you, I'm gonna start my birthday right!

treefrogsplace said...

.I am a little slow in commenting! Might be the 80 hours of OT that I have worked in the last 3 weeks! Dixie, thanks for being willing to guide us!