Sunday, December 28, 2008

Puzzled


Okay, Shane and I have a confession.


We're addicted to puzzles. Mostly the putting together of them.


That's the first step, right? Admitting there's a problem.


We first learned that we shared this addiction this summer.


The kids were gone for the weekend. We went to DI one night, bought a puzzle and immediately went home to put it together.


Not just a puzzle, a 1000 piece puzzle.


We worked on it until about 1am, went to sleep, dreamt about puzzle pieces, got up at 8am and started working on it again.


We finished about 1pm.


When we finished we looked at each other, snapped out of "puzzle land" and said, "Oh my gosh, I can't believe we just spent 10 hours straight on a puzzle. That was so much fun."


Yeah, we're lame and boring.


That's why we're so perfect for each other. :)



We got another 1000 piece puzzle for Christmas and started it at my sisters house on Christmas.


Not the best idea.


We didn't finish.


We both woke up the next day thinking about the unfinished puzzle...it needed to get finished.


I called Dana to see if we could crash her house and put the puzzle together.


She was kind enough to oblige.


We got there at noon and we finished at 10pm. 10pm!!! (so sorry about that Dana, thanks again for letting us do that.)


Time in puzzle land goes WAY faster than time in normal land.


Here's what we did.

We found those 2 missing pieces moments after we tore the puzzle apart. Oh well.


Here we are with the finished product. There's Dana wishing we were gone, I'm sure.

We felt satisfaction wash over us.


Then we tore the puzzle apart and put it in Dana's recycling garbage can.


Then we made a pact...
No more puzzles unless we are alone.
I think AA would be proud of how we've handled this.





9 comments:

The Hytes said...

My family tradition growing up was putting a puzzle together for Christmas. We all loved it. I bought one for myself last year and Brian helped a little while. I pulled it out again this year and he helped me for about 30 minutes. It's not his thing. I had to finish it alone... and I loved it.

Allyson & Jere said...

You are a freakshow! But, the finished product was QUITE lovely. You failed to mention that this puzzle was extra special because it glowed in the dark. Please tell me you actually saw it glow in the dark. I DO think that AA would be proud, now stay strong, stay strong!

. said...

Hey Dixie,

THis is Keri Dalebout...yeah I know it's been a LONG time.It looks like you are doing great! I have missed out on a lot of CRAZY stuff, Corey and I saw reagan and Miranda a few months ago. I am excited to find you on the blog. I was reading back through some of your posts and read your pedicure post and thought of this comedian I saw YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS you will laugh your head off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWrY77o77o&eurl=http://shaunlaurasmith.blogspot.com/2008_03_01_archive.html&feature=player_embedded

Your kids are adorable...and so BIG

. said...

Sorry, here is the link to the comedian on you tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCjeDwLvOtU

Natalie said...

I did miss you this Christmas. I didn't have anyone to do puzzles with.

Julz said...

I would never do a puzzle like that, but your hair does look cute! I guess the pony tail lost?

Pam said...

YES. We really enjoyed being together just the 5 of us.
Annnnnd, we love puzzles too. We did a huge one while watching the series North and South. That's one way to get in a good show and work together.
i also felt a little ashamed, i believe i also posted our finished product. too bad you threw it out though (after all that work) gotta get the modge podge stuff and save it for posterity.=)

Pam said...

sorry i was logged in under my SIL.
shanda

Crandell Fam said...

Wow...impressive! The little tiny bit I contributed to this was pretty pathetic, but I'm glad I could be a part of your addiction for a short time. I CANNOT believe you finished the next day at 10. Where were the kids?? Yikes!