Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ponytail Paradise


See this? It's a problem.


Not the mess on my dresser...that's a seperate problem.


I'm talking about my ponytail.


As soon as my hair is long enough to put into a ponytail, I will.


I can't seem to resist the easiness of it.


Shane wants me to go long and blonde (I know, typical male), but I know he's picturing long flowing super-model locks and he doesn't realize my hair just gets scraggily and gross. When it's long it will always end up in a ponytail.


I've had this problem nearly my whole life.


When I was in 4th grade I wore my hair in a ponytail EVERY day to school, except for picture day and one day when my mom did 2 ponytails and I cried and pouted because I thought I looked like a baby. I know, I catch the irony now.


I remember my sister Allyson telling me that "ponytail" was not a hair style and that I needed a real hair style. But if I had a scanner and a picture of Allyson in 1987 you would uderstand why I wasn't taking any hair tips from her too seriously.


Anyway, I'm caught.


I love being able to do ponytails, but I think I need to cut it so I'm forced to do my hair.


Allyson, are you sure "ponytail" isn't a hair style?


8 comments:

Lana said...

Furthermore, your ponytail in this picture is quite skewed. I mean, if you want it to count for a "hairstyle" then you have to make it look like it wasn't Livy that did it for you. Hehehe. :) On the upside, you have great bones in your face and look good with it pulled back. However, no, you musn't revert to 4th grade where you do that everyday. No no no.

Chad and Amy said...

I do the same thing, that is why my hair is always short! Good Luck!

Dana said...

You're a trainer and a triathlete...you need the option of a ponytail. Just "discipline yourself" (oh man I love saying that to you--ha!) enough to only have it in a ponytail once or twice a week. Then....win-win. Shane gets his flowing locks *wink* and you get your pony.

Greg and Tammy said...

I'm with you babe. It's just too easy to resist!

Melanie said...

First, you are funny. Second, I am on the "ponytail is definitely a hairstyle" bandwagon. And if it isn't, don't tell me. And if I shouldn't wear my hair in a ponytail, almost (I said almost) every day don't tell me that either.

Allyson & Jere said...

Ummmm, RUDE! First of all, whilst my hair WAS a sight to behold in that time of life, it WAS in style. You twit, who cares if it was huge and I had mall bangs. I was HOT! You were just jealous! hahaha Funny post.

Jules said...

I love pontytails. Whenever I get my haircut I tell the stylist to not cut the layers too short that I can't have my hair in a ponytail if I so desire. I had a ponytail the first time I met Preston. Maybe that's why he like my hair in a ponytail still.It reminds him of my younger days. It is a style, in fact I played a game where one of the hairstyle options was "ponytail" Last comment to my lengthy post. Why don't I remember the 4th grade ponytail year? Do you remember my 2nd grade princess Lea "hairstyle"?

Kelly said...

I tried to grow my hair out. I imagined it looking like Jennifer Aniston. I imaganed myself curling it and it looking pretty, but the reality is that it ended up in a "pony" every day. So, I cut it and I love it. I'm just a short hair person. If you go short just wear head bands and bobby pins when you work out.
What's with guys and long blond hair??