Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Trying to Tri



I've done it once before and I'm gonna do it again. TRIATHLON TIME!!!

I'm so excited. I decided this week that I'm doing the Thanksgiving Day Triathlon in Goodyear, AZ. Another sprint tri with a pool swim (someday I will do an open water swim).

I'm extra excited because I actually bought my own bike this time (pictured above). Just a cheap, used bike, but it's perfect for me and my skill level. Plus, this bike and I knew eachother in the pre-existence. I knew it was for me as soon as I saw it.

If you have access to a calendar you may well realize I haven't left myself much time to train, but that's how I like to roll. Just decide and go for it.

Fellow UT triathletes I miss you.

Anyone in AZ wanna go? (besides Eric who had better register today!)

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Yay!!!! That is so exciting!
Since you are such a strong swimmer and fearless, you will like open water swimming. I did my first this June and I actually LOVED it!
Happy Training! Can't wait for updates.

Lana said...

Blah blah blah, stupid healthy un-pregnant....:)

CJ Rush said...

Fun! I like your can-do attitude of just going for it! I need that! Pass it on! You'll do well like always. Good luck on training.

Erock! said...

I have registered; Thank you very much! I have a blanket I knew in the preexistence. We just fit each other perfectly.

AL&G said...

Lovely chatting with you. I must have done all the talking (head knockers- definitely the highlight) because you failed to mention this little tri-venture. Good luck. I'll be thinking of you while doped up on trypto...whatever and pie. Loves, Linds