Friday, October 3, 2008

The Same Amount of Hot

My brother-in-law Brandon once said that he and his wife were a good match because they are the “same amount of lazy.” I have always thought that was so funny. Of course the way most people auto-judge couples is if they are the same amount good-looking. (Come on, you know you do it. “Wow she’s really cute, wonder why she’s with him?” or vice-versa. Even if you don't say it you think it.) Anyway, my friend Summer posted on her blog some pictures from http://www.yearbookyourself.com/ . They were hilarious so I thought I’d wast ½ a day giving it a try myself and see how Shane and I matched up as a couple through out the years. Here is what I came up with:


1978

I know what you're all thinking...Man, she can really pull off the afro. Thanks. :)


Shane is so hot here. And apparently has a little bit of jungle fever. As a couple I'm not so sure about this year of 1978.
1996

This is the year I actually graduated. I think Shanda McClaws' hair looked a lot like this.
This was indeed hot boy hair of my era. :) I think we would have worked as a couple here.

1990

Unfortunately I knew some hair like this even into 1995. I've never been a "big hair" kind of girl.

Oh dear, Shane I'm afraid this in NOT the look for you. I suppose we could have worked as a couple, but just barely.


1960
Apparently if you put cat-eye glasses on me and do my hair in this manner I age 20 years immediately. Who could have EVER thought this was a good look. Scary.

I fear that the look for men here was equally as bad. We would have made a perfectly unattractive couple.


1980
You would think that 20 years would improve in fashion, but I fear not. The crazy thing with this picture is I have seen it before on my sister Dana. Really, its uncanny how much I look like her high school pictures here.


EW. I love you Shane, not a good look though. Where's your Trans Am?


1966
I think I graduated 30 years late. I think 1966 is my best look. Mushroom head and all.
We seem so "Leave it to Beaver".
Okay, GO yearbookyourself now! It's pretty fun.

6 comments:

Erock! said...

As soon as I saw the 80's pic I thought, "DANA." That is too funy. Shane, stay away from black rimmed glasses and a flat top, or Brill Cream look.

Nash said...

In 1980 he looks like Matt Porter.
Thanks for the compliment (i think) it was pretty right on!

Dana said...

That was so cool. I actually liked you in your real year. :) But oddly, I only like me in the big hair 90's one that looked like Jenny. It becomes clear once again Dana NEEDS volume on top. Adam, of course, voted for 1976 HA!

Lana said...

Whew...hot hot hotties!!!! :) I can get any of those looks for you...come see me. :) Hehehe

Crandell Fam said...

That was funny! What was up with the text getting bigger and bigger and bigger with each year? Weird. Now I'm going to have to go yearbook myself, and really, who has the time?

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Dixie you are smoking hot in 1966, I am afraid it would've been tough for any guy to keep you, although that holds true for high school too. "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful, I used to look like you" is a great quote from the old Pantene commercials I think. Fun Posting!