Monday, April 6, 2009

Olivia's Announcement

About a month ago Olivia asked me if I would please announce to the world that she can now ride a two-wheel bike.

Pardon me for the delay in announcing this great accomplishment.

Perhaps I was less excited to make this announcement because the fact of the matter is Olivia has been able to ride her two-wheel bike for over a year.

She just wouldn't.

Last February (2008), when her cousin Tatum was still living next door, we took off both of their training wheels one night.

Both girls rode their bikes, without training wheels, on the first try.

It was pretty amazing.

The next morning (and every morning thereafter) Tatum rushed outside to practice riding her bike and Olivia told me she was afraid of riding her bike and that she couldn't do it.

What?! 

For a year she complained to me to put the training wheels back on because she couldn't do it without them.

I was just about to break down and put them back on because her bike was just sitting here rotting away when suddenly, one day, she decided she COULD do it.



Now she's riding like a pro.

I guess I just have to remember she has her own time table.

She's careful and cautious and for that I am grateful.

1 comment:

Allyson & Jere said...

Uh, you forgot the VERY important part of that where she stated it was all because of her fabulous Aunt Allyson that she could now ride a bike. Jeez Dixie, give credit where credit is due!