Monday, March 16, 2009

Detour Ahead



So here's the thing.

Remember how we were all ready to get a house?

Well, it's sort of on the back burner for now...for reasons I will not post here.

So what is one to do when they are all set and ready to move from a 2 bedroom apartment in the ghetto to a 2300 square foot home in paradise?

CLEAN & REORGANIZE!!!

Remember the kids closet that used to look like this?

Well now it looks like this:


(It's an improvement, I promise)

And their dresser that used to look like this?

Now it looks like this:

I've also done my closet.

Next will be the front room and then the kitchen.

It feels so good to get things back in order.

Who needs a new house when you can reorganize the space you've got?

All that means is I get to enjoy my Simple Life just a little bit longer.

And as long as Shane is next to me the Simple Life is all I need.

2 comments:

MamaD said...

Yeah - moving seemed like the best idea to us a little while ago and we've also put it on the back burner as we realize our home is completely adequate for a family of three and you just can't beat the mortgage payment. Maybe not the best location in the world but we can cope with that. I'd rather be where we are making the most of what we have than in crazy debt or living beyond our means.

Jules said...

You go girl. Doesn't it feel great to purge closets and rooms every once in a while. I am doing that later this week in prep for a community yard sale on Sat. If only it could stay clean and organized.