Friday, March 27, 2009

You Tell Me

Have you ever had somebody rub the same spot on your arm or leg or back over and over again?

Is it annoying or just fine?

Shane may or may not do this to me at times and it may or may not drive me crazy. :)

Okay, it drives me insane.

He thinks I'm weird that it drives me crazy.

I assured him that any sane person would hate it.

Oh, oops.  He told me I couldn't sway the vote by the way I wrote this, so I'm trying to make this very diplomatic.  

He consented that of course an extended amount of time would bug most people, but shorter amounts of time like 30 seconds or a minute should be fine.

So please drop your vote over there on the right so we can know who's the crazy. (it's him. oh, what? sorry.)

p.s. Have someone rub your arm in the same spot for 30 seconds straight before you vote. It's longer than you think.


10 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so glad you posted this because I thought something was wrong with me. I can't stand it! It doesn't have to be for even 10 seconds. It's more like three rubs and I'm done. It makes my skin hurt and it is so irritating(sorry Shane). I hate it!! Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy ;)

Jason and Kate said...

hate it! whenever I ask Jason to "rub my back" he always lasts for about 20 seconds because I get sick of him staying in the same spot.

LadyCarma said...

My husband used to rub the same spots on my back, and like the earlier comment, my skin would hurt. I have trained him well so that now he rubs my back all over. Now, if he is distracted, by a movie, or someone talking to him, he tends to rub in the same place for too long. Like foot rubs - I really want him to do it hard, and it gets ticklish if it isn't hard enough. Everyone needs a good overall rub at least once a week!

Greg and Tammy said...

Oh Shane... so much to learn about the "rubbing ways" of women. :)

The Hytes said...

ditto. Seriously, to all of it.

The Dixon Family said...

Seth does that too! He would wear away all seven layers of my skin if I didn't speak up, all the while thinking he was being very thoughtful.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Yes no doubt this is a real problem. I am unsure why they settle into one spot and rub it a bazillion times. This problem is compounded 100 fold on the days they don't want to do it.

RecipeNut said...

Your polls crack me up. reminds me of our pepsi/coke contest and peanut butter poll we took in the clyde building.

Allyson & Jere said...

What? you get rubbed? Lucky.
However, if I were to vote on the subject, which, oh wait, I will vote, I say, buggy. Don't ever like being touched/rubbed in one place for longer than a second. Sorry Shane, you're OUTY!

cheerleader said...

oh my gosh that is my pet peeve! I think Greg purposely gives me crappy back rubs by rubbing in the same place so I tell him to quit--and never rub my back again. It's like chinese torture to me and 30 seconds would make me snap!