Sunday, March 1, 2009

Challenge #9


I toyed with the idea of doing a vegetarian week, but I decided baby-steps would be best.

So challenge #9 is simply--No Beef.

No ground beef in your cassaroles, no shredded beef salads at Cafe Rio, and obviously, most of all, no fast food hamburgers.  (or homemade hamburgers for that matter).

I realize this may mean some tweeking of menus...tweek away!

Try to replace beef with healthier choices like chicken or fish or try to eat a vegetarian meal.

Just leave the cows out of this.

Have you ever cut beef out of your life for one week?

I wonder what it feels like.

We shall see....

4 comments:

Dana said...

?!?!?!?!?!?! really ?!?!?!?!?

Sheesh, and I was just starting to get the whole 80% thing.

(And for the record I would NEVER contaminate a Cafe Rio salad with beef....eewww)

Ohhh Allyson, what's my menu for this week???

Jeremy Drysdale said...

awesome idea.

Morning Star Farms makes a pretty good ground beef substitute called "crumblers" (in the frozen food section) . The cost is about the same as a pound of hamburger.

The Dixon Family said...

I've started replacing ground beef with ground turkey and I like it better! Now if they could just figure out turkey steaks...

Anonymous said...

I took Brian out for a Birthday dinner and I said "Steak is off the menu this week, no cows." Oh man! Yeah, no problem. Now I go to eat a meat and I say to the meat, "You are definitely not a cow are you?" So far, so good!!!