Thursday, March 26, 2009

Family

Want to see 3 of the reasons I got married the first time around?


This man with Owen....
This woman with Morgan....
and this guy with Livy.
They are my ex-husbands father, mother and brother. And they are truly great people.

We went to visit them in Buffalo, NY over Spring Break and I was reminded again of how much I love them all.


I have realized there is this consistent thing about me in my relationships....


...I always love the family of whoever I am dating, and if I don't, the relationship won't work.


This dates all the way back to 9th grade.


9th grade boyfriend--Matt Layton. Love his family.


11th grade boyfriend--Brandon Rhoner. Love his family.


College boyfriend--Riley Booth. Love his family.


Married--Cameron Dayton. SUPER love his family. And not just mom, dad and brothers (and sis-in-laws), but cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents. The whole sha-bang. Love them all.


We had such a fantastic time in New York playing and visiting with these great people.


We went to the Strong Museum of Play. It was amazing and the kids loved it.


We went to Niagara Falls. It really is an incredible sight. Livy thought so too until she fell 3 times on her bottom in the mud at which point she screamed at the top of her lungs, "I WANT TO GO HOME!!!!" And while it was tragic for her, it was pretty funny to the rest of us. She refused to take any other pictures after that because she had mud on her pants and "looked yucky". Poor girl.
Then we went to an indoor water park right by Niagara Falls which was really cool and again, the kids has a blast. Grandma and Grandpa sure know how to have fun.
I'm so grateful I can still have a relationship with these great people whom I still consider family. We had a lot of fun.

7 comments:

Julz said...

Looks like a great trip, glad you had fun. I only laughed a little bit when I read the boyfriend list. You left out a few!

Jules said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. It is great that your kiddos can still see there grandparents and that you still have that relationship with them. I agree with the other Julz I laughed when I thought about your old beaus I forgot about Riley but I remember others that you didn't mention, you must not have loved their families.

Greg and Tammy said...

I love that part of the country. Niagara Falls is quite spectacular! Hope you got up to the Sacred Grove while you were in those parts...

Glad you had fun with the fam! That is great that you still have such a good relationship with them.

RecipeNut said...

What a fun vacation, cute pictures!
And yes, we love you to! :)

Lana said...

That is definitely a part of the country that I want to go to. Looks like loads of fun. Love the part about Livy falling in the mud three times. It couldn't have happened to anyone who would hate it more. :) Hehe. Glad it was great fun all around.

Natalie said...

Thanks for the honorable mention. Tell Lana she is welcome anytime!

Susan said...

Dixie, as far as we are concerned you are still our daughter. We had a ball. The house is quiet now with out the Smirfs. We miss you all the trip was WAY to short. Hey Lana, come see us! Susan