Monday, November 17, 2008

Good Times


Kate, Tiffany, Me in my dad's truck. :)

I always forget just exactly how much fun it is to hang out with these girls. Tons 'o fun.
Before I left for the night Shane was sweetly jealous telling me I looked "too hot" for a girls night. He's cute.
However, when we got to Nello's (which is sort of like a pizzeria/sports bar), after we had been seated in our booth a waiter from another table came over and told us a gentleman from his table would like to buy us drinks.
Ummm, really awkward. Obviously this "gentleman" had no idea that collectively we have 9 children. Anyway, I immediately turn into a total retard in such situations. I think my face turned 3 shades of purple and I couldn't look at the waiter anymore. Really, I handle myself like a 7th grader at a school dance.
Tiffany smiled at him and said, "Oh, thanks, but we don't drink." Thank heavens for her saying that. Anything to get the waiter to go away. Then I felt really uncomfortable that someone was looking at us. Tiffany and Kate had their backs facing that way, but I was in full view of whoever it was...we never quite figured it out.
Oh well. Aside from that majorly awkward event (to which Shane told me "SEE!!"), we had a lovely time. Talking, eating, shopping and talking some more.
Every woman needs a girls night now and then...just to remember you are still a "girl".

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You girls look gorgeous. Good for you going out and having a great time.

Lana said...

Well it's true. I mean, hey, I used to see random dudes staring at you while you worked out at the YMCA with no makeup or hair done. What do expect them to do when you're in full force hotness?!!? You guys all look really cute and blonde and pretty. :)

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

Hey Dixie - I have secretly been reading your blog but today I saw a pict. of my little sis on your blog so I thought I would say hi! It has been fun reading your blog and getting caught up on your family. What cute kids you've got. I'm glad you are back in Mesa and so happy!

cheerleader said...

It was GREAT times! We'll have to schedule ourselves another GNO after all the stress of the holidays about kills me! :) Love, Tiff

Dana said...

Okay....the best is that you REALLY took Dad's truck! And the most disgusting (in a good way) is that you all freaking look like gorgeous models and have NINE children "collectivly". (Did I spell that right, Allyson?)

Stephanie and Paul said...

you girls are so fun! still have a hard time believing we are all old and have kids! i was sad that i didn't get to see you before you left utah. how are you settling in in AZ?

Kate said...

The next day when I was telling Jay about some guy wanting to buy "us" (translation: Dixie - let's face it, you're "too hott!") drinks, but that Tiffany told the waiter we don't drink, it hit me that our response probably should've beeen, "We're MARRIED." Oops. That too. Can't wait to go out again. Maybe next time we can convince Tiff to leave her wedding ring at home again and get our meal paid for!