Monday, September 29, 2008

Man, I love this kid.


Today I took Owen to pre-school. He said bye, hopped out of the car and started to run up to the door. He got about 1/2 way and then he turned around, looking kind of puzzled. I could see his eyes looking at the ground, but I couldn't tell what he was focused on...it just looked like he was thinking. I wondered if he saw a bug on the ground or a toy somebody had dropped. Then he furrowed his brow and started saying something, but I couldn't hear because the windows were up. I rolled the window down and shouted,


"What's that Owen?"


He ran up to the window and said, "Mommy, I forgot for you to give a kiss." (he inverts words).


So I hopped out, he ran around the car and gave me a big hug and kiss and then ran quickly up to the door.


I must admit I was on cloud nine as I drove away. It was ME he stopped to think about.
Those are the moments that make being a Mom totally worth it.

4 comments:

Lana said...

That is SCHWEET. Dane freaks out if anyone tries to leave the house without a KISSHUG!! KISSHUG!!! It's all one, you see. If Porter goes to leave out the front door, Dane goes RACING after him yelling, "DADDY, DADDY, KISSHUG!" If Porter doesn't hear him and closes the door, Dane will start bawling until I take him out there for a KISSHUG. I love little boys.

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet...don't you just love these moments? He is so darling anyway.

TheOrttFamily said...

What a thoughtful kid...they grow up way to fast.

Damian said...

that kid!