Friday, July 31, 2009

To The Check Out Guy at Dick's Sporting Goods...




My sincerest apologies.

Tonight Shane and I went to pick up a few items at Dick's for our upcoming bike adventure along the California coast.

When we were buying our stuff the cashier guy, a young man who was maybe 19, with dark hair and an innocent face, asked Shane if he had a "Score Card".  This is basically their store card that helps you save money or something like that.

Shane said "Yes", but I had never seen nor heard of said "Score Card" so I thought he was confused.  Poor thing, needs me to keep him on track sometimes. :)

The next 5 minutes consisted of me asking Shane if he really had one and him telling me yes, he thought he did, in fact he was sure he did and me telling him I didn't think he did....for 5 minutes, all the while getting louder and more annoyed with each other.

Then the kid finally found Shane's name in the system and announced, "Ah, there you are."

Shane did in fact have a Score Card.

This discovery was followed by an awkward pause...

I turned to Shane slowly and said, "I'm sorry I didn't believe you."

And he said to me, "I'm sorry I got snippy."  

And then he turned to the check out boy and said, "I'm sorry we made you feel uncomfortable."

The kid put his hands in front of him, raised his eyebrows, shook his head and said, "Hey, I have no idea what's going on."

Shane & I started laughing so hard and I think the poor kid still didn't quite know what to do.

Why do they have those dumb Score Card's anyway?


2 comments:

Hot Diggity Daws said...

I think it's funny that they are called "score" cards. Interesting word choice. I hate having to remember a card like that for every store.

Hey you'll have to check out my most recent blog post. The end just came to me. Recognize the tune?

Allyson & Jere said...

That is soooooo perfectly you! I love this story! Thanks for sharing.