Wednesday, May 26, 2010

An Unhealthy Relationship



I've got a bro.

His name is Porter, and I just realized today that we have, quite literally, an unhealthy relationship. (despite this picture taken just before we did a triathlon which would suggest a healthy relationship).

I went over to his house today (3 houses down from mine), sat down on his couch and upon seeing me he said, "I could really go for some cookies right now."
It was at this moment that it dawned on me that is what Porter says to me 75% of the time we see each other.

We see each other a lot. :)

I said to Porter, "Is it me? Does just seeing me make you want cookies?"

I could see the realization flood across his face, "You know what, yes. I think you're right."

To be fair, I do believe the text I sent him last night said this: "So what are we doing for Biggest Loser? Are you going to make the brownies or am I?"

Apparently he has the same affect on me.

I love you Port, but for the sake of my backside maybe we shouldn't see each other anymore.


**I think I just blew all of my clients minds that I personal train. For the record, we don't always make them and I follow the rules...only when hungry, never past full. Well, most of the time. :)**


6 comments:

Nash said...

good to know you are NORMAL!
and come to think of it, i ALWAYS seem to overeat around my in-laws. the ones who are obsessed with food. even when i am doing SO well, i can completely LOSE it around them. it just makes my self image worse. i have recently been wondering why. some of it is they take us to really good places and i guess i feel like i HAVE to, or it's my only chance to eat this good. HAA. my MIL orders soup and doesn't finish it.
good thing porter doesn't live next door or i would be caving.

Allyson & Jere said...

So let me get this straight...you're BREAKING UP with Porter? I don't know Dixie...I think the co-dependency is FAR TOO STRONG. But good luck with that, let me know how it goes. But the most important part of this story that you FAILED to mention is: Porter makes the most orgasmically delicious cookies EVER! Therein lies the problem.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

I had no idea Porter Shumway, is an alias for Curtis Stone, how did he keep his Australian accent a secret from me for so many years? More importantly how have I never partaken of these cookies?

Lana said...

mwah ah ah. evil laugh. we're the devil. :)

Liz said...

It's so funny you posted this cuz I have just discovered that I am this way with my sis Sarah who lives a few minutes away! I think I eat out of pure happiness (they say people do that, ya know!) when I'm with her cuz she is one of my favorite people to hang out with. When I'm with her, suddenly, I couldn't care less about how big my butt gets.

LadyCarma said...

I see a direct correlation between family (siblings) and how a person eats. Whenever certain family members are with my hubby, they tell him to eat more, have some of this, and could you eat this for me "'cause I am full". I guess they did that when they lived together as children (which, when you think about it, was a mere 17-18 years) and they still do it now. Very interesting that the influence of one's siblings goes on and on.