Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Buckle

So guess who is the coolest?

I'm assuming you all just said, "You are Dixie."

To which I would respond, "Correct."

A couple weeks ago, after getting home from a fab-o shopping trip in New York City I decided to go spend the rest of my shopping money on a good pair of jeans because it's been over 2 YEARS since I've bought any jeans. (and I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I LOVE jeans). :)

I was in dire need.

So I moseyed on in to the Buckle (my jeans store of choice) in one of my hot new little New York outfits and started shopping away.

All the kids were at school and to an outside observer I might actually pass as a normal human being.

And pass I did!

As I was purchasing my jeans the manager and the sales girl who had been helping me handed me this card:

Then they told me they are really looking to hire people like myself and wanted to know if I was interested, or if I wasn't interested I probably know a TON of people that are looking for jobs so could I please let them know they are hiring.

I was a little dumbfounded and didn't quite know what to say. Here is a list of things that went through my head:

  • Actually when I was at preschool talking to all the other moms we were really mentioning how we'd love a "career" at the Buckle.
  • You do realize I'm a 32 year old mother of three. I'd totally kill your cool factor real fast.
  • Are you freaking serious?!
So what I actually said was: "No. I don't really know anyone." And I must have looked at him like he was stupid because my face does that without meaning to.

He looked shocked and didn't really know what else to say.

And then I left.

For a split second I passed for a cool person.

Very flattering but,

...totally not true.


2 comments:

azandersens said...

I think he meant to say that you looked HOT in your jeans and that you would sell tons if the other customers were looking at you. But you are cool too!

Summertime Designs said...

Okay, you ARE a totally cool person! Especially because you were able to leave the manager of Buckle standing there dumbfounded. Way to go hot mama!