Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Parenting Gone Awry

Shane and I try hard to instill good values, standards and manners in the kids.

It has recently been brought to our attention that we have failed horribly in certain departments.

Case in point:  Owen has been making himself burp at the table all the time lately.  Then he laughs and says, "Oh, excuse me." with this sheepish grin on his face.  

Shane got a little fed up at this and tried to explain that if you are burping on purpose that you can't really say 'excuse me' because you did it on purpose.  

He explained this to Owen on several different occasions in a fairly stern tone.

A few days later Morgan made herself burp.  She laughed and said, "Excuse me!"

Owen looked at her with a furrowed brow and in a very authoritative tone said, "No Morgan, you have to say it was on purpose!"

Oops. :)

The next fau pax is all my fault though.

For the past month or two every time I say "something stinks" or "what's the smell?" Morgan will chime in and say, "I fink it's dog poop."  

Every time.


I thought that was pretty funny and I told a few people "Morgan always says 'I think it's dog poop.' "

Now she doesn't say it anymore, instead she says:

"I fink it's dog poop.  I always say that."  And then she gives me a big smile.

Good thing we are doing such a good job teaching!

2 comments:

Julz said...

Hey if thats the worst they ever do, you've got it made!

Dana said...

That's so much better than "Oh mom,I pooped MY pants!!"