Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Do You Smell That?




Today Livy came home from school to tell me that it was so hot that she was sweating!

I said, "Oh no, not sweating?!"

So she rewarding me for my sarcasm by saying this, "Yeah, and I smelled like you when you get home from the gym.  I could smell myself and I didn't like it.  It was stinky."

OUCH!!!!

Okay, it's no secret that I smell like the depths of hell after working out.

I can't help it, I work hard and I sweat buckets.

But come on, where is the love?

4 comments:

Julz said...

I still love you even if you stink.

Melanie said...

As your former roommate and BS partner (seriously, people, don't ask), I've smelled the stink Livy describes. And I still love you, too.

I remember when we were living in Harmony and you, Miss Exercise Queen, decided to do your own aerobics routine in our bedroom. With the door closed. I couldn't enter for a week. But the trade-off is you always have had a toned, fit body and it is obviously worth stinking like the depths of hell.

Wendy said...

We refer to this lovely sweat mixed with dirt smell as "you smell like the outdoors."

To me it smells like my kid just got slobbered on by a dog, and then proceeded to roll in the dirt for good measure.

We do have to love small children! Their powers of observation astound the mind, and at times bewilder it.

Also, I am sure my husband can kick your post gym smell up and down the block, I know, I do the laundry! :)

Liz said...

What? You stank? No way!