Monday, February 23, 2009

Challenge #8


Double duty this week.

For challenge #8 we are going to re-visit eating to 80%.  

I know a lot of people had a hard time with this challenge because it's hard to tell exactly where you are at.  So let's practice it again.

Pay very close attention to how you feel while you are eating and slow down so your body has time to tell you.

The main idea is, never eat to the point of fullness.  If you feel full, you've gone too far.  If you feel sort of sick, you've gone WAY too far.

Always leave a few bites on your plate.  If you feel really hungry later you can always eat a little more.  Have some grapes or an apple.  But err on the side of hunger.

If you can master this one principle, weight loss will come easily to you.

ALSO....the 2nd part of the challenge is to do a 5 mile walk or run at some point this week.  

You CAN do it!  Prove to yourself that you can.  Even if it takes you 2 hours, just keep plugging away.

80% and 5 miles.  

Got it? :)

3 comments:

Dana said...

just one thing.....that girls feet are ugly. I mean who has toes shaped in such a perfectly pointed diagonal. :P Alllll right, I'll try again on this challenge, but anytime you want to revisit the soda challenge...I'd feel really good about myself. :)

MamaD said...

I think that the scale is saying "Help!" cause that toe nail polish is horrific.

Greg and Tammy said...

Congrats on the Mac! I think we will go down that road once our computers crash. And second... I can do this challenge. Both of them. I'm hiking 11 miles on Saturday! BOOOO YAH! :) Thanks for all the inspiration. And yes, I KNOW you can make your 14 minute 2 mile crazyness goal.