Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day 'O School...

So we have a big, brand new kindergartner at our house!

What a stud. :)

And don't forget his experienced older sister.

What, don't all 2nd grade girls wear things like this and pose like this for their first day of school pictures?

Gigantic flower. check.
Scarf. check.
Jeggings. check.
Gladiator sandals. check check.
**And for the record, I let her pick out her entire first day of school outfit. She told me it was the best day of her life. She was so giddy looking through clothes she could hardly contain herself. I'm so not a girl.**

Seriously? Is this girl in a JC Penny's ad or what?

Next year this one won't be eating Cookie Crisp (what? it was on super sale and it's the first time in my entire life that I have bought it, so sue me.) Anyway, if you're all done judging :), next year Morgan will be right along side the others for her first year of school!


Oh. My. Gosh. Next year my nest will be empty all day.

What's a girl to do?

:)

7 comments:

Allyson & Jere said...

Seriously....Get Livy a freaking agent. She is out of control. Cute,but the poses...hilarious.

Owen looks darling. How is he liking his life as a big school boy?

I saw those cookie crisp on sale too. Unlike YOU I didn't succumb. haha

Lana said...

I am sad that I didn't get a first day of school picture taken this year. Can you believe it?! Sad.

Livy and Owen look so cute together. :)

Greg and Tammy said...

Those pictures are so awesome. Owen is such a little stud muffin and Livy, oh Livy.... that outfit is pretty precious. She shows up my jeans and t-shirts for sure.

And congrats on the completion of one humongo jumbo puzzle. Serious. Quite an accomplishment. My fam always does one at Christmas...

Dana said...

laughing laughing laughing!! I honestly thought Livy was wearing a dance costume before I looked closer and read the post. Darling and awesome! You got Livy and I got Breckyn.....go figure. Owen looks so old--mature, cute.

Still laughing at the cereal.....the ONLY one who judged you here was YOU! hahaha

Empty nest... yikes. This stage is the GREAT "empty nest" stage. It's when they actually move out that it sucks!

azandersens said...

I love the so-white-they're-hurting-my-eyes shoes on the first day. So cute!

DianD said...

Somehow I don't think Morgan will ever be posing like her older sister! :) Cute pictures, cute kids! And what's with the cereal! Now when they win the swim-team championships you'll have to fork out some real money! They won't think sugar cereals are anything special ;) Ah! I was so wise! :)

MamaD said...

I love that Livy has gladiator sandals - it took me so long to decide if I even liked them. What a riot with her pose! And I can't believe how big Owen is - and that Morgan will be right along with them in a year!