Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sleepy Much?

Have you ever had a bloody nose when you were just so, so tired? A few days ago Owen banged his knee into his nose and started bleeding ALL over my couch at the very moment I had just discovered a major leak under my kitchen sink and everything was all wet. Why does it always happen like that?

Anyway, I think Owen thought he might be dying. He keeps getting really freaked out by little injuries and majorly freaked out at the sight of blood. So he starts screaming all panic-like "I'M BLEEDING!!!!" and Livy is screaming equally as panicked, "Oh my gosh there's blood, MOM, there's blood, there's blood!!!!"

So we got it all cleaned up and got Owen settled on the floor to wait for the blood flow to stop. After soaking through about 5 tissues and complaining that it was taking so long, he was finally on his last one. We went to tell him he was good to get up and we found him like this:




I told Shane I thought he was faking it. So we tested it out:
"Hey Owen, look at Jersey!"
"Hey Owen, do you want a cookie?"
"Hey Owen, check out this rocket!"
...and when he didn't respond to that, we knew he was asleep.

I guess he was pretty tired. Kindergarten will do that to ya!

3 comments:

Allyson & Jere said...

At least Max is too unaware to freak out over the fact that he just sprouts bloody noses on the regular these days.

Cute pic of the sleepy patient.

Jason and Kate said...

Love the bent leg in both pictures. She is a natural! BTW-we always had Cookie Crisp growing up so I'm not judging. :)

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Griffin finds blood pretty alarming too. That is hilarious that he fell asleep with his elbow securing the tissue.