Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Big 4!

Allyson said I wouldn't do this post for like 2 years because she thinks I'm the worst blogger in the world. So I'm doing this now (2 hours after the event) just to spite her. :) I'm totally not in the mood to post and I have no clever or witty approach to write said post--but I do enjoy proving her wrong a great deal, so there's that.

That's hardly a good intro for the cutest 4 year old in the world's birthday party.

Here's a better one: Morgan turned 4 today!

She's been anticipating this for quite some time. We only do BIG birthday party's every 4 years, so this was her first. She's certain that everyone has been planning for this, including Fry's who had balloons up in their store on Monday, "...because it {was} almost {Morgan's} birthday."

We went with an animal theme, because if you know Morgan at all you know she is much more of an animal girl than a princess girl.

Here is a picture of the party guests at the front door. Left to Right: Dane, Maggie, Morgan, Jayce & Brooklyn. All cousins. One from each family...only Eric's family decided not to represent in this era of children.

They are all such good buddies, except when they are screaming and fighting with each other. Dane punched Morgan in the nose about 1/2 an hour after the party and made it bleed. Morgan was bawling and saying how much she "hated Dane" and how he's "the meanest person in the whole WORLD!" Then, her nose stopped bleeding and about 5 seconds after that she was like, "Hey Dane, want to play _____?" Best friends again...no remembrance of the offense at all. I love that.

Birthday girl--her animal was Tiger.

She was so pleased to get to wear the birthday hat.

Her animaled-out special plate.

We played games like pin the tail on the Lion, which Morgan won, and a freeze dance game.

THE GUESTS: Each guest got their own animal invitation a week ago, and a coordinating cake today. Yeah, I made them all their own cake. They aren't nearly as good as past cakes I've made, but what I lacked in quality I made up for in quantity. Note to self: JUST ONE CAKE FROM HERE ON OUT!!!!


BROOKLYN=Giraffe

DANE=Lion

MAGGIE: Elephant

JAYCE: Monkey

MORGAN=Tiger


They all got to do whatever they wanted with their cakes. Morgan ate a LARGE amount for such a small girl. Impressive.

GIFT BAGS: With coordinating animal stickers, of course.

I know I talk about Morgan on here a lot. She's such a fireball full of spunk, personality and her own ideas. I love her so much. The other day it occurred to me that she very well could have never happened. She came just in the nick of time at a crazy period in my life and I am so thankful every day that she did. I'd be lost without her.


Happy 4th Birthday Little Miss!

I officially have no babies in my house--weird.

9 comments:

Greg and Tammy said...

Happy Birthday to Morgan!! What a cute party idea! You clearly have so much more energy that I do. That is a lot of super creative and awesomely decorated cakes!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Great ideas and execution! Congrats to Little Miss Morgan! I think the cakes turned out awesome.

Allyson & Jere said...

Bwahahahahahahahaha, my plan worked! You stinkin, competitive butt. That is so hilarious I laughed out loud that you HAD to post today. And in spite of not being inspired, it was still cute.

I'm still not sure how I feel about Maggie=elephant..just sayin.

But seriously, the party was darling, and the cakes were so freaking cute. You're so much better a Mommy than I'll ever be.

Thanks for a good day.

MamaD said...

Over-Achiever! I better keep Lucy's expectations low when it comes to her birthday cause I am not so sure I can deliver...But seriously, good job and happy birthday to Morgan!

DianD said...

I loved that you showed the inspiration for your cakes! You nailed them! That is the cutest picture ever of Morgan with the pups! Soooo cute! We're so glad she snuck in, too! She's so much like you it's amazing! Even down to that detail! :)... Just in case Allyson reads the additional posts... Doesn't she realize that elephants have phenomenal memories... just like Maggie! Couldn't have been a better choice!
It was such a fun party. Wish you'd had dad's pictures showing Morgan with half her cake gone and the entire lower half of her face covered in chocolate ice cream! The best! :)

Kristina P. said...

Uh, seriously, those are the cutest things ever. Next year, you might have to one-up yourself and by them all real lions and elephants.

Allyson sent me over. She said that I should comment on your blog. I am super famous, so I hope it makes your day. :)

Natalie said...

Great job! Those little cakes are so cute. I hope Taylor never compares notes about bdays with his cousins or he will be very disappointed.

Crandell Fam said...

So cute! I haven't read blogs for so long, it's been fun catching up.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.