Saturday, January 9, 2010

My First Fondant Cake...oh, and Livy turned 7! :)

Ta Da! Okay, I know it's nothing special, but learning how to do fondant is an accomplishment in and of itself for me. I've never really liked cooking, but I've discovered I really do enjoy "creating" through baking. You Tube has taught me a lot lately....from how to hit a forehand ground stroke in tennis (I'm getting pretty good), to how to make a fondant cake. I'm so glad people broadcast themselves. :)

I've started looking forward to getting to do a fun cake for my kids' birthday. Again, I'm no professional, but Olivia told me today, "That's the most beautiful cake I've ever seen!"

It's for her, from me, and that makes it special for both of us.

Here she is with her cousins.

Here she is being given the appropriate attention for her liking.

Getting ready to make a wish. (she wouldn't tell me, but I always have to ask. :))

Happy birthday Olivia.

9 comments:

Allyson & Jere said...

I'm EVER so proud of you for jumping right on here and getting this one blogged! And, once again,your cake was BEAUTIFUL! I just showed Julie the pic and she was duly impressed! She has much experience, and she said "Congrats Dixie on a job WELL done!" So there you go, feel pride in your accomplishment! Another successful party down.

lrbodine said...

What an adorable cake! I might need your help next month when I make Ellie's. :)

We missed you at "girls' night" but it looks like you had a fun birthday celebration with Olivia!

Kelly said...

Dixie that is an amazing cake!! Liv is a lucky girl.

Greg and Tammy said...

Happy Bday to Livy and DANG girl that cake looks AMAZING!!! I'm am very impressed.

Lana said...

reeeDONKulous. Seriously. That cake must have had you up until 2 a.m. I would have said a lot of swear words...did you?! :)

Summertime Designs said...

What are you talking about? It looks TOTALLY professional! You did amazing. I have heard that fondant is pretty intimidating, and your cake turned out fantastic. And your biceps are huge in that last picture. Happy Birthday Olivia!

Jenalee said...

Wow! You've come a long way since the Elmo masterpiece! I found this sweet picture of Halle and Livvy laying on my couch together from 4-5 years ago. I should scan it in and send it to you. They were so cute.

✩Molly✩ said...

That IS a beautiful cake!!!! Are you taking paid orders for cakes? If so put us down for Scarlett's next birthday in December! :)

I STILL remember that for my 5th birthday my mom made me a heart shaped cake, with pink frosting and sprinkles... I loved it so much. They really hold on to memories like these...

Mom said...

AMAZING!!!! You are truly a Professional in so many areas...So sad we missed the party! But Happy Birthday to Livy!