Thursday, January 14, 2010

I Have a Dream...

Double posts?

I know, what will you even do with yourself Allyson?

This, however, needs to be posted.

As I was driving Livy home from dance last night we started talking about "Civil Rights Day" also known as "Martin Luther King Jr. Day".

She was telling me everything she knows about it. His famous speech, black people having to go on one bus, white people on another, segregated schools, etc.

I said to her, "Isn't that crazy that they were treated like that? Now we can all be together."

Without skipping a beat she said, "Yeah, 'cause like Daddy Shane is black and he's with us."

I'm so glad I was up front driving and she couldn't see my face because THAT was really funny.


You know what they say. Once you go black..... :)

Love you Shaney.

6 comments:

azandersens said...

I've always wanted to ask you how being in an inter-racial marriage was for you, but it was a little awkward. I will be thinking of Shane on MLK day!

Dana said...

still LOLOLOL

Kelly said...

Okay that is hilarious. So your kids think Daddy Shane has a square head or something and now he's black. Ahhh, thanks for the laugh.

p.s I'll have you know that I only read three blogs now and yours is one cause it is hilarious and gives me good ideas to steel. Like that cake, now I want to try to make one;)
thanks.

Allyson & Jere said...

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! She did NOT say that! That is the freaking funniest thing I have ever heard. No really, FUNNIEST! I'm glad you were able to keep your composure, because I may well have split a gutt right there. Kids, you gotta love 'em. And the funnier thing, he's so NOT ehtnic looking in any way. Wonder why she thinks that.

Erock! said...

I have all sorts of naughty comments that I won't post here...but I want too! That was funny Dixie.

Crandell Fam said...

What the What??? Seriously? Wow...square head and black skin. Wonder what else your kids think? :)