Thursday, January 7, 2010

Biggest Loser--You Want In?


Biggest Loser is one of the coolest shows ever.

There is real motivation and real change because it is a very real experience.

There are so many people that could benefit from that show and only a handful of people that will ever actually get to go on it. So I've been trying to think of a way to bring it closer to home and my sister keeps saying she wants to do one, so here's what I've come up with.

BIGGEST LOSER BLOG VERSION
(this is just for fun, not affiliated with the real Biggest Loser in any way)

Who Can Be a Contestant?: Anybody. If you live in Arizona it's better, but even if you live out of state, you can be in. You don't have to know me. So tell friends or family that might be interested.

What Does It Cost?: $20. I'm not getting anything out of this, I'm just hosting it. So everybody puts $20 in the pot and the Biggest Loser wins the pot. The more people in, the bigger the pot. Bring your $20 to the first weigh in, or if you are out of state you will need to mail it in.

When Does It Start?: We will be starting on January 16th with the first weigh in. (decide quickly)

When Does It End?: May 15th.

How Does It Work?: If you live in AZ we will take pictures (girls in sports bras, guys with shirts off) on January 16th and do our first weigh in. If you live out of state you will need to email me your pictures and weight, taken that day. This is scary, I know. But it is one of the things that will contribute most to your change. No more hiding. I will then post all the contestant pictures and their starting weight on my blog.

Weekly Weigh In's: You will need to submit your weight once a week. Weigh on the same scale at the same time each week. Depending on how many contestants we have I may post the stats weekly or monthly on the blog.

The Finale, May 15th: Everyone will submit their final weight and pictures that day and a winner will be determined from the highest percentage of body fat lost.

So if you're tired of feeling the way you feel or aren't happy with the way you look you might want to hop on board. Plus I know some place that you can find really great workouts. :)

Real change requires real effort and real experience.

Make it real.


8 comments:

Dana said...

I am soooo going to WIN this!

Lana said...

I think it would be really fun, but I'm not sure if it's worth trying for. My goal weight is 13 pounds from what I weighed today...and I figured out that that is about 9-10%. Is that enough to make it worth entering for? I mean, I don't know that the weight would come off as easily as it would on someone with more to lose. Should I just let Porter try to win it for our household? He wants to lose about 25-30 more pounds and that would be about 12%. What do you think?

Breckyn said...

Oh I'm totally in. Terrified of this picture and weight post...but so worth it!!!

oh and mom...I hate to break it to ya but I'm gonna have to win this. Sorry!..well I'm not really sorry ;)

Nat said...

Watch out everyone, I am in , and in to win...spa membership and new eating plan are already rolling since the 4th of Jan...I plan to lose 25 % of my current weight in that 4 month time span....COUNT ME IN PLEASE Dixie Chick !

Allyson & Jere said...

This is Jenny (on Allyson's computer). I'm totally with Lana on this. I want to lose 10-15, which I don't think is enough to make this worth it...would've probably won it last year, but not so much this year. :( Oh well. Good luck everyone!

Greg and Tammy said...

I'm in. What time is the weigh-in on the 16th.

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

Hey Dixie - Do it again in the summer and I am in. I gotta have this baby first and then I can stop gaining and start losing! But I would be one of your out of towners unfortunately but really, if you do it again let me know.

Anonymous said...

Dixie,
I'm one of Seth's friends from high school, and he shared this on Facebook. You met me when visiting your in-laws, but you might not remember me. Just curious--is the pict a requirement, or can I substitute with a pict of me in a tight shirt? I'm down 20 pounds since June (through 4 months of exercising and a sweet diet induced by the swine flu and mono), and my goal was 20 more. I don't know if I'll make the goal by your deadline since I was aiming for the end of the year, but I'll do what I can and see what happens. If you're good with a shirted pict, then I'm in.

Jen Doyle