Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Food Resolution...



A little while ago I posted about hating food here.

I have since consulted with my food mentor, Melanie, of www.melskitchencafe.com and have come to discover what the problem is.

Walmart.

I can not food shop at Walmart and have any desire for eating.  It's sucks my will to eat right out of me.

It's disgusting.

I shared these feelings with Melanie and she assured me that these feelings are, in fact, normal.

Here is a direct quote from Melanie herself in regards to Walmart:  "I lose all the excitement for food when I go there. I hate that place. Toilet paper? Yes. Pork tenderloin? No."


Such wise words from my favorite foodie. :)


So my friends, if you are struggling to find a desire to make dinner or eat anything besides pre-made frozen meals, I'd suggest venturing out to a Farmer's Market or a fine foods grocery store.  And by "fine foods grocery store" I mean ANYTHING but Walmart.

I prefer Fry's or Sprouts. They are a little more of a drive, but so worth it.

There is more to life than dirt cheap prices because you know what you get for dirt cheap prices...Walmart food.

Gross.

8 comments:

Mel said...

I feel famous because you quoted me.

I stand by what I say.

I wish we had a Sprouts or a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods close but even a trip to a "real" grocery store or farmer's market puts me in good spirits.

Perhaps I should analyze why my moods are so centered around food shopping.

Nah. I don't want to go there.

MamaD said...

Hurray! We made the switch several years ago and it is so much better. I've still ventured into Walmart for the occasional deal but rarely for food. And I seriously think the food is cheaper at Smiths.

Allyson & Jere said...

I price match at Wal-mart for a lot of things. But, I will NEVER buy meat or most produce from there, because....ewwwww! I'm ok with milk, eggs and canned goods. Sprouts is great, when I can ever make it there.

Julz said...

Not kidding I read your post about 2 seconds after I grocery shopped for the week at WM. I bought 3 pints of strawberries that my kids have already consumed...should I be worried?

Julz said...

Not kidding I read your post about 2 seconds after I grocery shopped for the week at WM. I bought 3 pints of strawberries that my kids have already consumed...should I be worried?

Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried Bountiful Baskets? Google it, I think it started in AZ. They have decent produce and even offer organic. It is a good price for what you get.

Natalie said...

I couldn't agree more. I hate that place.

Natalie said...

I couldn't agree more. I hate that place.