Saturday, March 24, 2012

Nope, not okay.


So yesterday Shane and I went to see The Hunger Games, which I loved and this post has nothing to do with that.

BUT…

While we were there we saw a preview for Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

I'm sorry, what?

Are you serious?

Somebody really walked into the office of somebody else and said, "I have the best idea.  Abraham Lincoln AS A VAMPIRE HUNTER!  Want to front me millions of dollars to produce it?"

And then, the somebody on the other side of the desk was actually convinced somehow that this was indeed a good idea and was willing to shell out the cash.

This has just reiterated to me the fact that:
1. America scares me.
2. Some really stupid people are rich.
3. I'll probably never be rich because I can't buy into stupidity and that seems to be what America is all about these days.

Shane said it just proves that you can put any two things together.  

So I'm wondering what kind of "mash-up" is next.  Sesame Street & Zombie's?  President Obama as a synchronized swimmer?  Little Bo Peep: Dragon Slayer?

I think it proves that there are some really disturbed minds in this world.

Does anybody else see this as so wrong?

I'm pretty sure Abraham Lincoln would have a problem with it.

I undertand he is supposed to be the "good guy" by slaying vampires, but he's holding a head with blood everywhere and an axe in his hand.

Seth Grahame-Smith, I don't know if you were trying to honor Abraham Lincoln or what, but you've gone too far.

And P.S., can we please be done with vampire movies already?

3 comments:

azandersens said...

I really think that Freedom of Speech should not be granted to the stupid. That is so inappropriate and disturbing.

KCS said...

Wow. I am speechless. That is crazy. Why dishonor such a great man in this way?

Keep your seatbelts on - I just read on IMDB.com that there will be THREE Lincoln movies this year:
1. "Lincoln", which will be directed by Steven Spielberg and which I am greatly looking forward to.
2. "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" - DUMB - as you said enough with the vampire movies.
3: "Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies" - double DUMB - and enough with the zombie movies!

My guess is that movies 2 and 3 are trying to capitalize on the fact that a lot of people will be talking about Abraham Lincoln with Spielberg's movie.....but what a dumb way to capitalize.

Which takes us back to you and I both will never understand the rich or be rich.

Kris said...

I agree! My friends at school were talking about this movie and I didn't believe them! I think this is degrading to Abraham Lincoln after all he did for slavery. You just don't turn political figures into vampire slayers!
I understand this and I'm only 13!