Saturday, November 12, 2011

Wedded Bliss

If you must know, my nephew Bryson just got married yesterday.

When Bryson was born I was 9 and, being the youngest, I was SO excited to have a baby around.  Plus I felt ridiculously cool being an "aunt" at age 9.  I totally bragged about it at recess.

I don't think I let Bryson out of my sight until he was about 4.  I LOVED him so much!

I remember worrying that he might try drugs some day (I had strong mothering instincts in me from a very young age) and I just wanted to protect him from all the bad things in the world.

As it turns out, I didn't need to worry.  Bryson turned out fabulous and made many great choices, like just saying no to drugs.  But yesterday he made the best choice yet.  He married Tierra Jean and she is so freaking cool.




See what I mean?  She's just so fun.

A few years ago Bryson and I were talking and he was thinking about his future and said to me, "I'm so afraid that I might just 'settle' for someone when I get married and I really don't want to do that."

"Then you won't," I assured him.

And he most definitely didn't.

Congratulations to a beautiful couple. :)

2 comments:

Allyson & Jere said...

So cute and well said. Of course I'm too tired to write my blog entry on it, as you well know it'll be WAY to wordy.

juliespahr said...

How cute are they?!? Such a beautiful couple!!! Can't believe he's all growed up! (tear) We are getting old lady!!:)