Saturday, November 19, 2011

Crafty I Am Not...

Want to see the super cute Advent Calendar I made?


Isn't it adorable?

Okay, so maybe I didn't "technically" make it, but practically.

I've been telling Lana for weeks now that we need to make an Advent Calendar.  It is essential for our children's growing up Christmas years.  They might as well not even have a childhood if they have no Advent Calendar.  I'm not really even sure how they've survived the past few years.

So we discussed some different ideas of what we wanted to do and we came up with the idea I have pictured above.  Then we set out to the store to fetch our supplies.

Well...wouldn't you know it, when we walked into JoAnn's to go get the fabric, they had already made our Advent Calendar for us!  

I thought that was nice of them.

And they just so happened to have TWO left!  It was a sign really.

We looked at each other for a second and then slowly placed them in our carts, careful not to make any sudden movements.

We didn't want to alert the crafting gods that anything had gone awry.  

Needless to say, we did feel a little sheepish going to JoAnn's for materials to make a project and just walking out with it in hand already done, so Lana decided we should make Christmas wreath's.

Who am I to kill a dream?  So I went with it.

I'm happy to say it turned out fabulously...with some help from Lana. :)

See?  Isn't that cute? 

Hopefully the crafting gods will forgive us now. :)

3 comments:

Lana said...

Yeah, everyone ignore the fact that we have the exact same wreath on our doors, 3 houses apart. :)

DianD said...

The wreaths are darling!!! And they won't turn brown and drop leaves and the snowman won't melt! :) What a lucky find with the calendar. I was wondering how you did such amazing numbers :) Now I know. You guys better be careful or all your neighbors are going to want a wreath just like yours! :)

LadyCarma said...

Darline wreath. I can hardly wait to see it in person. And you made it out of felt? I have some felt. Maybe you will inspire me to make one too!