Sunday, December 6, 2009

Pride Doesn't Pay


Prayer works.

How do I know? Because I was too prideful to do it at first.

A couple days ago I needed to return the library books.

I could find all but 2.

I pulled out Owen's bed, searched all underneath and to the side and found one of them.

"See", I thought smugly to myself, "I don't need to pray to find these, I can do it on my own."

But the other one I could not find anywhere! (and in case you haven't heard, I don't live in a mansion).

But I was in a grumpy mood and I didn't want to pray.

So as the weekend progressed and my heart softened and I felt more humble last night I prayed to find the book.

Well what do you know....first thing this morning Owen comes in and says, "Mom! I found the book!"

"Where?" I asked curiously.

"Under my bed!"

No way. I looked there...10 times!

But I hadn't prayed because I didn't feel like it.

Lesson learned.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Maybe this should have been pride DOES pay, because that is what you would have been doing...paying those fines. (Can't tell you how many book fines we have paid over the years.) :-)