Monday, September 14, 2009

What Makes You Beautiful?

As I was at Sprouts today (a cute little Farmer's Market that has the BEST produce in town), a sweet old man rolled up to Morgan and I in his Jazzy and asked her, "What makes you so beautiful?"  

I always get nervous when people, especially older people, come up to my kids because my kids are generally pretty unfriendly in return.  Morgan is especially prone to give the cold shoulder to strangers.

However, she was delightfully surprising today when she turned to the man, looked him straight in the eye and said in the most matter of fact tone I've ever heard...

"Lipstick."

He and I looked at each other in surprise.  Neither one of us was expecting that.

I found this even more humorous because I had seen her earlier "sneaking" lip gloss (which is really just glorified colorless chapstick) from Livy's Happy Meal Barbie toy.  Shhh, don't tell Liv.

Morgan really believed he must be seeing the lipstick.

For the record, just a few of the millions of things I think make Morgan so beautiful are her confidence, her infectious laugh and her gorgeous little dimple that sits on her right cheek when she smiles.

What a girl. :)

6 comments:

✩Molly✩ said...

she IS so adorable. No debate :)

DianD said...

I agree with you...Her confidence is irresistable. Don't forget her gravely voice... On her it is cute!

Lana said...

Such a cute story. You know that now she's going to be convinced she needs that chapstick whenever leaving the house!! She'll be stuck forever like me with mascara. :) Hehehe. She is ADORABLE!

juliespahr said...

LOL!!! So adorable! Griffin and her would get a long great!!!! He's super confident, has adorable dipples and a laugh that can make the grumpiest people smile!!! Love it!!!

Allyson & Jere said...

Too cute! She does make some rather funny comments, that's for sure. And I too always cringe a little when people try to talk to Maggie, because while she's quite chatty and funny with us, she tends to be quiet and reserved around others and comes across grumpy and such.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Those pigtail buns are awfully cute too! She seems like a stealthy beauty. When her face lights up with that grin and incredible dimple it must be impossible to tell her no. Suddenly you realize you are in big trouble because the sky is the limit for her!!