Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bikini Babies--All Growed Up!

Lana's comment on my swim team post made me remember this picture of Olivia and Tatum at 4 and 2 months respectively.  ( I always forget how HUGE Olivia's cheeks were and Tatum's belly was).


Here they are, 6 short years later, all big and on swim team!


Next installment...16 years old, headed to a pool party.  (I don't want to think about it yet).

Today was time trials for their meet tomorrow and Livy got 1st in her heat.

Nothing could have made her happier. 

Luckily she didn't have to swim against Tatum, who is faster, all she knows is she got 1st against the girls she swam against and that's all that matters.

She was beaming, absolutely beaming, when she finished.

She wanted to hear over and over again how proud I am of her--which I most certainly am.

I could see her confidence grow in an instant. 

She is starting to get stronger physically.

She is starting to get stronger mentally.

She is starting to see that hard work pays off.

This is why I love swim team.


4 comments:

Erock! said...

It has been fun to hear Maya talk about her swim team experiences too. I am so glad that the three girls are swimming together.

Allyson & Jere said...

I forgot about that bikini picture. Love it! Cute post. It is hard to believe how quickly time has flown and how big they are already. Weren't we just in swimteam ourselves?

Jules said...

Way to go Livy! I see she is following in her Mom's footsteps or should I say strokes.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

I have never seen such cute bikini babies! :)