Saturday, June 27, 2009

As You Wish...

This past Christmas my brother Eric & his wife Jody gave us a gift card to "As You Wish".  It's a really cool place where you can paint your own pottery and then they fire it for you and wah-la, you get this:

And this:
And this:
It was a lot of fun.  

We just picked up the finished products today and they were very excited to see their work.

Livy asked Owen if he liked his piggy bank more than her.

He heard her say, "Do you like your piggy bank more than my plate?"  To which he of course responded, "Yes."

This hurt Livy's feelings and she told me what Owen had said.

I explained what he meant so she decided to ask him again.

"Owen, do you like your piggy bank more than ME?" she challenged.

"No." he shook his head, "Livy, you're my best, best friend."

Livy giggled and smiled....all was right with the world.

These two truly love each other (when they aren't fighting and teasing).

Owen is so sweet with Livy and instinctively knows the right things to say to her.

Whenever she is getting ready for something and trying to look fancy he will say, "Oh Livy, you look beautiful."  

She will always smile coyly. 

He will generally indulge her and be her prince when she needs one.

He will dance with her when she needs a dance partner.

When he gets excited about something he wants to share it with her.

She really is his "best, best friend".

And for now he is her "Wesly", doing things for her "as she wishes."






It's great to have a best friend as a sibling.

I've got 5. :)

2 comments:

Greg and Tammy said...

What a cute post. That is really fun that those two are so close. I love growing up with brothers... they really can be so great (and butt heads) but mostly great. The toilet reading was HYSTERICAL.

Allyson & Jere said...

That is really one of the sweetest posts. I don't know why, but it made me want to cry a little. I hope that Max and Maggie will be best friends too.