Tuesday, June 18, 2013

It's True….I Get Fat.

While I know that many people are excited for my pregnancy because it will yield a baby, I also know that a lot of people are also just excited to see me get fat.

You know it's true.

Well, you will not be disappointed. I do get pretty fat when I get pregnant.

I gain at least 50 pounds and my face looks like it might want to pop.

I have no sort of pregnancy "glow", more like pregnancy hideousness.

Just the other day we were watching an old video in which I was 8 months pregnant with Olivia. Owen shouted out, "Why were you so FAT?!" I tried to explain that it was because I was carrying another human inside my body, but he didn't think that was a good enough reason.

I explained to him that I would be getting fat again and asked him if he would still love me. "Yes," he said, "but it will be really hard."

Rude.

Want to know why I get so fat when I'm pregnant?

Because I eat like a maniac.

I want to eat everything in sight in the hopes that it will make my nausea go away.

It's a problem…and it doesn't usually work.

But I keep trying.

As I was shoving Snickers mini's down my throat, one right after the other a few days ago, Shane just watched in fascination. "This is so weird to see you like this," he said. But I'm sure what he was thinking was, "Oh my gosh, what have I gotten myself into?!?!?!"

Oh honey, it's only just begun.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful no matter what you weigh, my dear. I say that because it is PC, but also, thankfully, because it is true. I thought you looked adorbs in that video that Owen called you fat in.

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful no matter what you weigh, my dear. I say that because it is PC, but also, thankfully, because it is true. I thought you looked adorbs in that video that Owen called you fat in.

Judie Hall said...

You, fat? I'll believe it when I see it. ;-)

Marissa Marie said...

You gaining 50 lbs is like me gaining my 30...

Also, hate that terribly sick hunger that comes with pregnancy...

LadyCarma said...

I'm with Judi. I will believe it when I see it. I never looked pregnant from the backside. In the front I looked like I had a very big basketball in my stomach. I think you carry your babies the same way - all out front. The old adage: 'you are eating for two' is true wisdom.