Friday, November 12, 2010

Is it too late?

I do realize it is nearly Thanksgiving, but here are our Halloween pics nonetheless.

This was Olivia's first year to be something scary instead of something "pretty".  She had been talking about it for quite some time and was very excited about it.  I was surprised because I didn't think she'd ever want to be anything but pretty.  As it turns out, she just really likes to play the part.  And she did well.  Cackling laugh and all.  I did make that smashing witch dress with some leftover material I had.  It was just what she wanted...and just what I wanted (free!).


Here is Owen as a vampire.  Also his first year to debut as a scary Halloween character.  He and Livy both really enjoyed the make up process.  We lost the cape for his costume (which I just found today!) so I had to come up with this make shift cape which is actually a curtain to a puppet show thing.  Eh, it worked.  This costume...also free. (I am not including the $2 make up I used from Walmart).

And lastly, our little ballerina.  This was Morgan's dance costume from June.  It cost $60.  But for Halloween, it was free!  :)  Isn't she just gorgeous?  She won the costume contest at our ward for her age group.  She totally did a twirl right when she got in front of the judges. How could she not win?

Here's a little action shot.  You know, the 'ol ballerina/witch duo.  








And last of all, here they are together.

We did some trunk 'or treating, went to two ward carnivals, the second of which had 19 different booth games to play, tons of prizes and treat and craziness, and then on Halloween we didn't do anything but sit on the porch that night to hand out candy.  When all was said and done I asked the kids what their favorite part was and Owen said, "Handing out candy. That was so much fun."

I have an idea for Halloween from here on out....  :)

3 comments:

DianD said...

They are so cute....scary or not! They have such beauatiful smiles! Some guy in our ward was taking pictures on carnival night and took one with livy and I (the two witches and Morgan looking at us. You get the full effect of her fancy "bun". Love that. Wish you all had thought "handing out candy" was the most fun! Would have saved a lot of costume making! :)

Damian said...

I think the orange and yellow socks make the witch costume complete.

these kids are some of my favorites in this whole wide world.

Lana said...

Livy's first picture is pretty witchingly scary. :) Love the pictures. And I didn't know that Morgan won the costume contest!! Sweet. What did she win? Candy...? :)