Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bizarre-O World

What would you say if I told you I attended my ex-husband's wedding...and enjoyed it?

Or if I told you at the wedding dinner that I was given the opportunity to stand, introduce myself, and give marriage advice? Ha!

Well, it's true. This really did happen. It was probably more weird because it really wasn't that weird. Cameron has a really great family and really great friends that I was so happy to see and visit with. And, as it turns out, I think he made a fabulous choice in Erin.

Almost 2 weeks ago Cameron married Erin Del Torro on the beach in California.

It looked like this:

Erin looked beautiful and I got some beautiful shots of the kids. Olivia and Erin's daughter's (Ava and Beatrice--twins) were the bridesmaids.

Owen was the ring bearer (that was brave). I had to put this one in because seriously...look at Liv's hand. She just came that way! Also, they tied the rings on really tight knowing that Owen would be holding them. Smart.

Morgan was the flower girl. I love how admiringly she is looking at Owen.

Super cute smile on Morgan and...well, classic Owen.

One of my favorite pictures ever of this girl.

Owen, lost in his own world.

Livy, lost in hers.

Morgan was playing in the sand and water the whole time. Even during the ceremony she was trying to build a sand castle. She ripped her dress and was a mess, but it wouldn't have been Morgan if she was doing anything else.

Love this kid. He looked like such a stud in his tux and he LOVED the bow tie.

Beautiful girl. When she noticed me taking pictures across the way she immediately started smiling and tried to hold back full on poses. So cute.


Congrats Cameron and Erin!

10 comments:

Allyson & Jere said...

Yeah, it is RANDOM and wierd, but whatever. I'll hold my tongue.

Love the pics of the kids...especially Morgan looking her pig pen self. She's awesome.

Just want to see a pic of the bride, only 'cause I'm curious.

Lana said...

such cute pictures. I love the outfits on them. Morgan's hair is perfect for her. Where is the picture of you and Shane??

azandersens said...

Next topic at book club . . . :)

Greg and Tammy said...

Really cute pictures. I have to admit, that although is seems strange that things went so smoothly, I'm really impressed that they did. I think it speaks volumes about your maturity to handle pretty much anything that life throws at you. :) Glad it went well.

Dana said...

We're having dinner tonight with Ivan and Allison. Divorce wasn't in our plan prior to our first marraiges, so "divore ettiquete" can be written however we want it to be. And although no divored couple will ever see eye=to-eye on everything, life is better for everyone involed (read especially the kids) when you fo "bizarre-o".

DianD said...

Nice pictures. Nice post. Like Dana said, though it wasn't in the plans and divorce happened, for everyone's sake it's better not to be enemies and move on with kindness and maturity... or go "Bizarre-O"

Julz said...

I think I am about 2 years behind on your life, aside from blog posts-not doin' it for me anymore-we must meet up!

Sara Decker said...

So I guess it went well? I was so happy to visit with you for a few hours before, I hope we can see each other again soon, it was great catching up.

Krystal Trapnell said...

Wow, asking you to give marriage advice to the two of them. That could have been really nasty. I'm glad everyone is happy (most especially you)!

Bryson Jones said...

I think that it was a great post. Seriously, like my mom said, the way the parents handle the situation has had everything to do with how much smoother things have been in our own family. I tell people all the time about how my parents go out to dinner and counsel together on how to best help their kids. All my friends go... "Uhhh what??? That's so weird and amazing all at once!" I just tell them, "Nah that's just life at my house :)"