Saturday, October 27, 2012

Totally Gross Party...

Owen turned 8 on Thursday.

Today we had his "Totally Gross Birthday Party".

And it was….totally gross.

They grabbed gummy worms at the bottom of whip cream…using only their mouth:


Morgan actually won this one.

Who doesn't want to shove their face into whip cream?

They pulled body parts out of "brains".

They grabbed marbles out of ice water with their toes.

They smelled baby food in diapers.

They ate baby food too. (well, some of them did)

They searched for cockroaches in "barf". (this one made me want to barf)

They had a grand old time.

And then we had cake….


 A TOTALLY GROSS cake.

It makes me nauseous just looking at it, even though I know it's made of yummy things.


Making a wish.


I gave everyone matching T-shirts that said, "That was TOTALLY GROSS!" on them.

Crazy kids. :)

And then it was over and I realized once again….


This boy is growing up.

Oh how I love him. :)

7 comments:

LadyCarma said...

You are so creative! Thanks for sharing the post and photos. You amaze me.

Allyson & Jere said...

The cake. I can't. I just CAN'T! I'm going to have nightmares about that for sure. You are such a fun Mom. Your kids are lucky to have you and all the effort you put into their awesome cakes, parties, and lives!

Unknown said...

Hello,

My name is Steven Kanter and I work for BuzzFeed Video. I wanted to reach out to you regarding your hilarious birthday cake photos, one of which was previously used in a post on our website. We are interested in creating a video based on the post and wanted to ask your permission to use the photo in the piece. We would of course credit you in the video description. Let me know if you have any questions or need any clarifications. Thanks for your time and hope to hear from you soon! -Steven

Dixiechick said...

@Steven Kanter. I have no idea how to contact you. Can you leave an email or email me at dixieSdixon@gmail.com. I'd love to know more. thx.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your response! Sending now. FYI, my email is steven.kanter@buzzfeed.com

melanie said...

I love your cake! I just saw it on another website. I want to make it for Halloween. Do you have a recipe or can you tell me in general how you did the icing? I love the concept of the party! Very unique and memorable for all i am sure! TIA!

Dixiechick said...

@Melanie...It's super easy. Just get fun fetti frosting and dye it green. (the little fun fetti pieces are what make it look chunky like barf). Heat it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds....just liquidy enough to pour...and pour it over the cake. ( I don't totally remember how long it took to get it liquidy, so it may be shorter or longer than that. Just to be safe I'd do 10 second increments). Wah lah! You have yourself a totally gross cake that little boys love. :)