Wednesday, May 23, 2012

White and SO Nerdy...

So I've noted, as of late, that it's actually kind of cool to be "nerdy".

Everyone claims, "Oh, I'm such a nerd.  I love comic books and movies like "The Avengers".

Geek chic is way in.

People, when nerdy-ness is the norm, it's not nerdy.

I think we have lost site of what true nerds look like, so let me help you out.

They look like this:


And they do things like this: 

True nerds spend their weekend, while their kids are away with their dad, staying home and putting together a "mystery puzzle".  

This puzzle had a story and a code we had to crack... and crack it we did!

We had two weekend-nights completely kid free and Shane said we could do anything we wanted and I said, "I want to stay home and do a puzzle and eat brownies and ice cream."

Luckily Shane likes to do that too!

So if it's cool to be a nerd then Shane and I are the coolest.  Unfortunately I think it's only cool to be a certain type of nerd and I do believe I have missed the boat on that.

Oh well, truth's out…

I'm a nerd!

…And shut your face if you're making rude comments like "I already knew that."  You can only know it once I reveal it. :)

4 comments:

Allyson & Jere said...

I kinda think it's adorable that you hang out that long with eachother and enjoy your puzzle making. Oh and yes, you ARE nerds. But at least brownies were involved.

DianD said...

If board-game-playing and puzzling are nerdy passtimes, you learned well from one of the "coolest nerds" I know -- your dad, and I say horray for the nerds! Those are people friendly connectors -- Truly the world needs more nerds like you and Shane and your Dad and brothers and sisters! :)

AL&G said...

I appreciate phrases like "shut your face". I just wish you had put that in larger print. :) I am just impressed you can crack a code; I can't even figure out what my 3 yr olds, native English speakers, are saying when speaking their native tongue.

AL&G said...

I appreciate phrases like "shut your face". I just wish you had put that in larger print. :) I am just impressed you can crack a code; I can't even figure out what my 3 yr olds, native English speakers, are saying when speaking their native tongue.