Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Little Valentine's Lesson...

So the other day, I casually mentioned to Shane that I had never received a box of chocolates.

Ever.

And I said it might be nice to get one for Valentine's Day, you know, if he was wondering.

Maybe one that looked like this....


Well, okay.  Maybe it didn't go exactly like that.  

It could be that the conversation went a little more like this:
"Hey hon, I have never gotten a box of chocolates... ever.  And this year I would like some.  In fact, I would like this one, right here (handing him a photographic advertisement).  It needs to be this one.  The red, heart shaped one.  From See's.  Really, I want it." (To be fair, I think it was Fast Sunday and I was really hungry.)

I just wanted to make sure we were clear, that's all.
No confusion=no disappointment come said Valentine's Day.

Well wouldn't you know it, my sweetheart came through. 

It was the same one as I saw in the picture! 
Spectacular!!!
It was waiting on my heart shaped plate on Valentine's morning and I couldn't have been happier.

Fast Forward....3 days later.

Uh oh, my heart shaped candy box looks like this: 

And now I look like this: 

Honey, maybe next year when I demand ask kindly for the red, heart shaped box of chocolates you should buy me flowers and tell me they were all out of chocolates.

For everyone's sake...

9 comments:

LadyCarma said...

You made me laugh! Where is "Biggest Loser" when you need it? Thanks for the uplift to my day.

Allyson & Jere said...

You did NOT just post that most revolting picture! HAHAHAHAHA I am dying laughing over here.
I do feel safe in saying that your one forray into chocolate madness did not make you look like that. HA! Ok, i'm gonna be laughing awhile here.

Mei Day said...

Hey,now you can apply to be on "Heavy"!

Greg and Tammy said...

That must have been some SERIOUS calories in that chocolate.... to go from your previous hot body to the one you posted... DANG. :) Keep me away from See's - I'd sure hate to see what it could do to mine.

MamaD said...

Wow - Shane has really nice writing!

The Dixon Family said...

That was the most disgusting photo I have ever seen. There is no way you look like that.

azandersens said...

Shame on you for posting that photo. What is that hanging out? On second thought I don't even want to know.

DianD said...

Oh.My.Word! I wonder if she gave her consent for her picture to be posted all over the world! Sad! Sooooo sad! I can't even imagine how people like that stand up, sit down or do any other daily activities! I truly feel sorry for them. That is NO life. Just seeing a picture like that is enough to make me run FROM "See's" which I love, cupcakes, pies, cookies and other "poisons"... At least until the next craving hits
:( Wonder if that's what she said for years, too! :(

Anonymous said...

Nice pannus baby! As a nurse, I take care of patients like this. I take care of the wounds that are buried under that belly....cheese anyone? mmmmm yummy!